|For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

Hot Tea Month and Keto Cheesecake


 I was taking out some tea for a virtual tea date when my mind began to wander. As I sorted through the shiny little packages of foil packed tea and checked on the keto cheesecake cooling I let the memories come.  This moment is just for me.  It's hot tea month and a wonderful excuse to reminisce. 

blue tea pot with mouse watercolor painting


My Aunt Doris makes herself tea just about everyday.  She posts photos of her tea table on Facebook that remind me what a special moment we shared years ago when I took my oldest grand daughter on a tea date with her.  We dressed up, she wore a spectacular pink hat, and we sat together in Aunt Doris's sunny day room sipping hot tea from fine china cups nibbling on a lemon flavored cheese cake and talking about things from our childhoods.  It is a wonderful memory I sink into often as I sip tea in my own home now. That's why I have a keto cheesecake cooling on the counter.  If you look to the bottom of this post I've included my favorite recipe because it pairs so well with hot tea.


I live farther away from my Aunt Doris and I don't get to see my grand daughter as often as I'd like now that she's an adult and working as a flight attendant.  My grand daughter calls often and I have been very lucky to take some short trips with her where I get to sip hot tea at the end of the day watching sunsets or warming up from the winter chill.  Those moments are special to me and I hope the memories will visit her when she has her own children to share them with.


This evening I've taken out a favorite tea pot I received from Aunt Doris last year for my birthday.  I had admired and commented on a beautiful tea pot with a blue butterfly motif she posted on her Facebook so you can imagine my surprise and delight when a little box came to my doorstep that turned out to be a duplicate of hers!  

small blue teapot


Just because circumstances keep us apart doesn't mean we can't share some quality time and a cup of steaming hot tea together so Grand and I are using facetime to laugh and giggle together! Every cup counts! I imagine her sorting through her tea stash just as I am and it makes me smile.

 

I poured hot water into my butterfly pot and opened a single portioned bag of Chamomile tea.  I adore the little foil packets it comes in and the tea fits just right in a little strainer inside the pot.  Of course I could steep it directly in my cup but I'm taking a virtual trip with Grand and every moment counts.  I dial her number and see her lovely face.  Three minutes of steeping time goes quickly and I pour the tea into my cup.  Then my favorite part... seeing that hot steam rise from the cup in little curls like the memories of all the shared moments with Aunt Doris and Grand.  


Are you a hot tea lover with some special memories?  I'd really like to hear about them.