Shaving Brushes and Dark Cabinetry |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

Shaving Brushes and Dark Cabinetry


Post contains links to Cottonelle & CVS

I love the way my bathroom make overs worked out.  The guest bath is all sleek with the espresso paint stain I used on the cabinetry, accent table and shelf.  The hardware on the cabinet, pendant lights and end table are now a matching brushed nickle.  My accidental collection of shaving brushes makes an unexpected debut on the shelf my brother built next to an antique desk fan and Texas wildflower photo.


The shaving brush collection started with one my husband was given.  When my maternal grandfather passed on I was given his razor strap, straight razor blade and shaving brush.  Hubs step dad passed on his straight razor, mug and and brush and a sweet little lady gave me the red set at a garage sale.  It was her late husbands.  We didn't start out collecting them, but I'm glad we ended up with them.  They are just cool.

Also on the bathroom shelf is one of my son's cowboy hats and a rusty old lantern I picked up at a flea market.  There is a strange star shaped metal piece hubs picked up on the family ranch near a stagecoach site.  The site is only a sandy knol now, but he takes his metal detector out their occasionally.  That's how he found the start shaped piece.
 

The antique accent table holds a handmade glass kaleidoscope, candle and hydrangea vase and sits next to the potty where the Cottonelle Cleansing wipes are ready for use.  I love the TP holder that attaches to the toilet tank.  It is a space saver but the thing I like about it most is that even the boys can slip the new to on with no trouble.  If you haven't read our clean bum story where the 4 year old grand gives me a clean bum lesson, you can catch up on it here.  I also included the link to a $1.50 CVS coupon for Cottonelle cleansing wipes and TP.  It's nice to save money on the necessities!  Everyone should try the wet wipe cleaning system.  The dispenser is designed to keep them wet and usable a lot longer than other brands and the TP is strong and soft for drying off the bottom.