Raspberry Crumb Coffee Cake Pin Win |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

Raspberry Crumb Coffee Cake Pin Win

Another great Pinterest Win.  I knew the second I read the recipe I wanted to make it.  The recipe is as easy as it looks and as tasty as it sounds. The only cake I really like is coffee cake and cakes with extra’s in them like fruit or nuts and this one is right there.  I had almost all the ingredients minus a couple of really important ones.  I didn’t have milk or enough eggs.  How did I manage, you ask?   I modified the recipe with some substitutions every cook needs to know. 
Raspberry-Crumb-Coffee_Cake
I keep powdered buttermilk in the pantry and usually have a carton of egg whites from the grocery store refrigeration section on hand.  I could have used sour cream in place of the milk too, but chose to use the powdered buttermilk with great success.  Now you know.  I made the raspberry filling just as Kate suggests except I used an entire 16 oz. package of frozen raspberries.  That meant I could save several Tablespoons of the raspberry filling in the refrigerator, which, in a couple of days, we plan to slather on biscuits hubs likes to make in the mornings.  Kate also suggested two smaller pans, which, when I make it again, I will do.  I used a large cast iron skillet but the recipe was a little too much for it resulting in a taller cake than I like.  For the complete original recipe go to Kate moving forward
Raspberry-crumb_coffee_cake
Now, excuse me while I add some coffee to my cup and finish my cake.

Post script... the raspberry filling was GREAT on biscuits!