Instant happy #18 |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Wednesday

Instant happy #18


I feel an adrenaline rush when …I find a really good clearance bargain like the event following Christmas where my sister, sister in law, daughter and I were standing in a Michael's isle and the store manager announced everything on that row was 90% off the already discounted prices.  Our baskets
created sort of an unintended barrier that enabled us to quickly grab all the items we had previously passed up before any other store patrons could appear - and it was a LOT of stuff.  So much, in fact, that we barely had space to wedge ourselves in the car with our prizes.

I feel energized when … I step out of the shower in the morning ready to tackle the world...or at least make my way to the big mushy easy chair in front of my laptop.  Not sure that qualifies as tackling the world, but it's tackling something and I feel energized.

I feel small when … in my car, I get caught between two semi-trucks on a multi lane freeway and also when I drive over a really high mix master (levels of roads passing over each other at the same point).  I hold my breath and force myself to keep my eyes open!

I feel big when … I stand in a group of really petite women for a photo, then look at the photo and see that I stand a good head taller than most of them.

I feel indestructible when …In my dreams I can fly, control Congress, and save the masses from earthquakes or tsunamis and float harmelssly over semi-trucks crossing tall bridges. 

I feel stupid when … I realize I've made a stupid mistake.  The mistakes that were obvious before made.  But then...when I get over it, IT usually makes a good story.

I feel smart when … I figure out a stupid mistake and correct it before anyone else notices I made it in the first place.  However, I usually admit to it eventually by turning it into an amusing story because I've learned laughing at myself keeps me grounded.