Skillet meal-Potatoes and Sausage |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

Skillet meal-Potatoes and Sausage


but I could give Rachel Ray a run...  I prefer to cook things that don't require a day in the kitchen. For that matter, not even half a day or more than an hour! Tonight I looked in the fridge pulled out some sausage lengths, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, and from the pantry some potatoes. The cast iron skillet is my favorite kitchen tool and this dish worked superbly in it.

First, a couple tablespoons of olive oil (medium high heat) to caramelize thinly sliced onion & bell peppers.  Add in thinly sliced potatoes and a handful of chopped cilantro, salt & pepper. Give it a few minutes to heat up the potatoes then add sausage lengths (cut in bite size pieces).  Stir occasionally and let the potatoes get a little brown.

Put the lid on and turn the heat down to medium low (my dial goes to 10, I set it on 7).  Check the potatoes every 5 minutes or so until they are fork tender.  It smells really good... serve with a salad.

The recipe?  I was cooking for 2, you can increase for more.
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, sliced
1/4 bell pepper, sliced
3 potatoes  (small ones)
2 sausages (I had Jacksonville sausage lengths w/cheese)
A small hand full of cilantro, chopped
salt & pepper to taste

Here's to a Rachel Ray moment!