DIY table refinished |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

DIY table refinished

I've had this little side table for a long time.  The finish was overdue some attention.  With the completion of the guest bath [visit the One Year Project page] and my new found color for the cabinetry, I sanded and stained the table to match.  Oh my goodness... it is amazing what a little attention makes!

the before and after
Tools needed: 
 Minwax Poly Shades Stain & Polyurethan 1 step (I bought mine at Home Depot)
2 sheets Sandpaper in a rough grit and a fine grit.
Cotton rags (I used old bath towels)
Good quality paint brush

First the table was sanded with a rough 80 grit sandpaper to remove the little finish that was on it.  Second a finer grit 220 sandpaper was used to give a smooth, fine finish.
Once I was happy with the sanding, which on this little table took about 2 hours, I dusted and wiped it down to ensure no sandy grit was left on the table.
Next I used Minwax Poly Shades Stain & Polyurethane in 1 step to paint on a light even coat.  The color in this project is Espresso Satin.  Wait 6 hours before applying the second coat.  The deep brown finish is perfect with only 2 coats and a second 6 hour drying time wait.  I replaced the silver knob that came with it and moved it indoors. This was not a hard project and I would recommend any ammeture to go with it!  Skill level on a 1-10 scale... about a 3. 

Check out the rest of the bathroom remodel project. http://forwhatitsworth-jeannie.blogspot.com/p/one-year-project.html