Frozen Fruit Smoothie For One |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Wednesday

Frozen Fruit Smoothie For One

Most of the summer I sip iced tea while watching the grands do their thing around our tiny homestead.  They like iced tea too but sometimes it’s so hot and they are hungry for a frozen treat so I pull out my little bullet blender and make one smoothie at a time as requested.  The recipe is super simple and quick using four basic ingredients I always have on hand.  You can have one yourself in less than five minutes.


Frozen strawberry smoothie in mason jar by poolside

Girl grand is a strawberry lover like I am and strawberries make a marvelous smoothie. Doesn't every girl like a frozen pink drink?  Since I always keep frozen fruit on hand she gets her favorite strawberry smoothie today.  Boy grand is so easy to please he usually takes what ever is offered especially if it’s sweet. 

This smoothie recipe uses four basic ingredients.  You can add other things if you want. To start you need about 2/3 cup of milk in the blender.  Any milk product works.  I unusually have 2% cow milk, but you could use soy, coconut, whatever.  I’ve even used reconstituted powdered milk.


frozen strawberry smoothie in blender


Add enough frozen fruit to double what you see in the blender. You should see some fruit above the milk. That is about a heaping cup full.  Note:  FROZEN fruit is what makes the smoothie. If you have fresh fruit, freeze it first.  Even though this recipe is using frozen strawberries, you can make this with any frozen fruit or fruit combination. Blueberries make a really pretty smoothie.  The peaches are ready here in Texas, I plan to pick some up at the Farmer's Market to freeze for smoothies and cobblers.

Measure in about 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla.  Blend until all the fruit has incorporated into the milk and no large chunks remain.  It usually takes about a minute.

See how easy that is? It’s even reasonably healthy.

I admit I use a lot of sweetener in my smoothies, that’s how we like them best.  The kids mother prefers I use real sugar over artificial sweeteners, but you can certainly substitute if you need to.  If sugar sensitive hubs asks for one, it will have a fake sweetener.  Either way, these smoothies are a great summer snack.

Get creative and enjoy a smoothie, you’ll be glad you did.  I just finished taking the photo and I gotta tell you, this is GOOD.  Scroll on down and find some other great beverage recipes from fellow bloggers.

Frozen Fruit Smoothie
frozen strawberry smoothie closeup
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 2/3 Cup milk
  • 1 Cup frozen fruit
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3-4 Tablespoons sugar
Instructions
Place ingredients in a small blender and turn on until fruit is pulverized and no large chunks remain.
Frozen fruit suggestions: strawberries, peaches, mixed berries, blueberries.
I use 2% milk but any milk will work.
I also use granulated sugar but you may substitute artificial sweetener or honey if you prefer.
Powered by Recipage