How to Clean Your House With Chart |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Tuesday

How to Clean Your House With Chart

If you hate crash cleaning but want to have a clean orderly home I have some helpful hints for you.  For me it started several decades ago with a book I read called Sidetracked Home Excecutives.  I learned how to spread out the chores so I never feel overwhelmed and don't need to spend days on crash cleaning.  There are every day chores, weekly chores, monthly chores and seasonal chores.  



The book suggested a notecard system with all the chores listed on cards.  They pulled a card from the front, completed the chore and slipped it in the back for recycling.  I found it worked better for me to write the chores on a calendar posted on the side of my fridge.  Later I condensed the chores and put them on a chart so I don't have to rewrite them each month or each year.  You will also notice I left my weekends free of chores and the last week or two of the month are seasonal which I tend to get done in a couple of days. It has worked for me very well.

My chart is printable so you don't even have to rewrite them!  The thing I like best about this method is the ability to move a chore to another day if I cannot complete it on the planned day.  It's my list, so I change it as I need to.  I can add chores or remove them if they are no longer relevant.  No one has ever followed up on me to make sure I don't cheat...which I have more than a few times.  

I hope you find it helpful whether you are just starting out house keeping or if you've been at it for years and need to find a less stressful method to keep it clean.

Here's the link: printable chart

If you have questions, leave a comment