Fried Peach Cobbler Fritters |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

Fried Peach Cobbler Fritters

One day I was commenting to my Aunt I love peaches and wishing I could work a trip to Weatherford Peach Festival in and the next day Brother In Law was bringing me a bucket of peaches!    He was riding a horse by an unoccupied house and saw a small peach tree so loaded with peaches the branches were breaking off.  He talked to the property manager and got permission to pick some peaches.  He doesn’t cook or eat them raw, but knew I’d like them.  How lucky am I?   They smell wonderful and the pink skins are so pretty. This morning the little grands are here for breakfast so I mixed up a fritter recipe plus some delicious juicy ripe peaches for a delectable breakfast that tastes like a bite of fried peach cobbler.  The best part is that they only take minutes to make.
fresh peaches


When the grands spend the night with us breakfast is always a special treat.  This breakfast turned out really fantastic and special.  I already knew they liked peaches because they ate some fresh peaches last night for snacks.  This morning instead of plain old pancakes I used a fritter recipe and added peaches.  Wow, they are delicious. 

peach cobbler fritters

I picked out two ripe peaches and peeled away the skin.  You could leave the skin on but the texture is a little weird to me so I remove it.  I used a small paring knife to cut the skinless peaches in half so I could remove the pits.  It was a simple task to cut the remaining peach flesh into tiny little pieces and drop them right into the batter.  The skillet with about an inch of vegetable oil was waiting and hot.  A big tablespoon of peachy batter is a perfect size to drop into the skillet.  They sizzled in the hot oil for a minute or two on each side before they were ladled onto a paper towel.  While they were still hot Girl Grand helped me generously sprinkle on powdered sugar.

fried peach cobbler fritter

I ate mine hot and let my eyes roll toward heaven while the flavor seeped across my tongue.  The grands are not into hot food so they let their fritters cool before rolling their eyes toward heaven!

 


Peach Cobbler Fritters

by Jeannie
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Ingredients (24+ fritters)
  • 1 Cup flour
  • 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
  • 1 Teaspoon baking powder
  • Dash of salt
  • 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 Tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 Egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 Cup milk
  • 2 small peaches, peeled and diced
  • oil for frying
  • powder sugar for dusting
Instructions
Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Melt butter in microwave (about 30 seconds)
Heat skillet on medium burner with about 1/2-1 inch of vegetable oil.
Stir melted butter, egg, milk, vanilla together until well combined.
Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients with spatula.
Peel peaches then cut in half.
Discard peach pit.
Dice peaches into small pieces and drop into batter.
Fold together till combined.
Drop Tablespoons of dough into hot oil. They should sizzle as you drop them in.
Fry 1-2 minutes on each side until toasty brown.
Move cooked fritters to a paper towel to drain.
Dust liberally with powdered sugar while fritters are hot.
Serve hot or cold.
Powered by Recipage