Vintage furniture + Spray Paint = New |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Tuesday

Vintage furniture + Spray Paint = New

2013 for what it's worth-jeannie
I found this little table from a 1980’s project stashed in a corner covered with “stuff”.  I almost set it by the curb but a second inspection led me to update it for my bedroom redo.  That will be coming in a post soon.  Meanwhile this is how I changed 1980 to 2013 in just over an hour.
First I took the table outside and removed the cobwebs, then sanded lightly all over.  I used a kitchen towel to remove all the dust and shook a can of Krylon Ivory Satin paint until the beads inside sounded like they were moving freely.  The first coat was light and ready for a second coat in 10 minutes.  A second coat covered it just fine, so I let it sit for a almost an hour of curing.  It is 99 degrees outside, so that went really well.  Once I felt like it was pretty dry, I used a heavy grit sand paper to rough up the table top.  That’s it!  What do you think?
DSC_0241