My Liebster. |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Sunday

My Liebster.


Liebster Awards are a way for blogs with less than 200 followers to connect with other bloggers, share a little more about yourself, and a way to help promote other small blogs. I love this concept because small blogs need a little lovin' too!

The Rules:
{1} Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
{2} Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to and link them in your post.
{3} Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
{4} Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
{5} Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
{6} No tag-backs!!

My questions came from Justina

  1. Middle name and do I like it? My middle name is Laree.  But my birth certificate was completed by my Dad who couldn't decide how to spell it.  It is written 3 ways and each is marked out leaving the last version...which is not the spelling I grew up using!  I like it though, it makes an interesting story.
  2. Who inspires me? I am inspired by people who think for themselves and try to make the world a better place.
  3. Favorite Jean brand? Jean brands are not something I worry about when it comes to brands.  If my big butt fits in and I can sit comfortably, that's the jean I wear.
  4. Why did I start blogging?  Before I retired I made a bucket list of things to do/accomplish during the rest of my life.  There's fulfillment in sharing what I learn and do with others. 
  5. TV or read? Why read blogs of course!  Dozens of them daily.  There are some great comedians, artist, cooks and generally inspiring true life stories out there.  If hubs didn't turn on the TV I could go days without even watching it.
  6. Favorite holiday?  With a large family that celebrates together for everything, choosing one is not easy.  Easter is the first big gathering of the year, July 4 picnic on the farm, Labor Day opening hunting season and big rodeo in town, our Halloween trail in the woods is to die for, Thanksgiving feasting, and of course Christmas celebrated together on the Eve.  No, can't choose, they are all special cause my family is close and makes every effort to get together on our farm.
  7. Ideal vacation?  An ideal vacation is relaxing and refreshing whether at home or driving a jeep across the Colorado Rockies.
  8. Favorite throw back movie?  I'm not one that watches the same movie over and over.  I have a memory that keeps everything and analyses it.  Once I've seen it, I like to move on and experience something new.
  9. Celebrity I'd like to meet? I might choose Oprah.  She's pretty inspiring.
  10. Facebook or Pinterest?  Even though I visit both most days, if I have to choose just one it would be Facebook.  I keep up with family and friends and lots of "Pinterest" kind of posts show up there too.  But I would REALLY miss Pinterest.
  11. What do I splurg on?  My kids and grands.  Explanation in my Grandma Handbook.
11 Random Facts:
  • I don't smoke.
  • The first thing I do when I get up is brush away morning mouth.  Can't stand it.
  • Hearing a child laugh gives me more pleasure than a chocolate milk shake.
  • Being around my large family is exhilarating.
  • West Texas Sunsets amaze me so I take lots of photos of them.
  • I married my high school sweetheart, and we're still together.
  • I have a great grandson.  Really, he's great!
  • I don't particularly care for cherry flavored things, but love cherries.
  • My love of creating things is inherited. 
  • I dream about walking through abandoned houses full of personal treasures.
  • The Internet scares me, but I blog anyway.

Now, my questions for you...intepret as you will...

  1. Butter or margerine?
  2. Fact or fiction?
  3. Musical or Action film?
  4. Realist or a dreamer?
  5. Do you read between the lines?
  6. Are you as tall as you want to be?
  7. Pet peeve?
  8. Introvert or Extrovert?
  9. Favorite quote/movie or song?
  10. How many projects do you have going right now?
  11. What is your "One Thing?" (City Slickers)
My Liebster nominees: