One day 5/15/12 |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Wednesday

One day 5/15/12

Saw a little challenge to record in photo's one day in particular.  5/15/12.  Though I wasn't interested in entering my day in the challenge, I did think I'd like to have a "before retirement"  collage and perhaps in a few months record a "retired" day. 

This day began with the alarm at 6:14 AM.  I don't know why it's at 6:14.  I know it's odd, I think I just got lazy pushing that little button so many times!  After my morning shower & dressing I had coffee and toast with jam.  I love Smucker's apricot jam, it's so good.  After I rolled out the trash bin I noticed my dirty car but got in without spraying it down anyway. Sometimes I pull the water hose out to the drive and give it a quick pressure spray to get rid of the bugs, dust and bird partying evidence.  But not today, guess I was ready to hit the 30 minute commute to work.  I did pay close attention to the gas prices on the way today, I'll need to gas up tomorrow.

As always I clocked in at the school where I work and settled in to my desk area.  I am a school secretary at an alternative campus.   It was a pretty calm day with lots of reports and plenty of paper work to process.

An uneventful drive home and a quick stop by Sonic to pick up a "ready to eat" supper preceded my evening ritual of a little TV while I blog and check in FaceBook.  Attended to some regular household chores too boring to photograph then I decided to drive over to the lake and watch the sunset.  I thought the evening news said there would be a solar eclipse that might be partially visible in my area as the sun set.  Hubs told me when I got back I was wrong about the date, I'll have to check out the sunset again on Sunday.  But you know, that's okay, I enjoy a pretty sunset - even without a specific reason to watch it!