Stocking up and shopping with a list |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Wednesday

Stocking up and shopping with a list

I'm not a big fan of cooking, but I like eating...so I cook.  My favorite chef is Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.  She has a terrific pantry/freezer stock list I have turned into my occasional shopping list.  I say occasional, because I am also not a big fan of grocery shopping!  Any way.... I put her list (which I condensed without all her beautiful photography) on my phone notepad for easy use on my next grocery shopping trip.  Organization makes my life so much easier, I hope you find it helpful too.

PANTRY ITEMS 

adapted for my needs from Ree Drummond @ http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/01/stocking-up/
  • Canned tomatoes: Crushed, whole, diced, tomato paste, RO*TEL
  • Dried pastas
  • Rice: long grain, brown
  • Peanut butter
  • Honey
  • Various jellies: Strawberry, apricot, jalapeno
  • Syrup
  • Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
  • Roasted red peppers
  • Canned artichoke hearts
  • Assorted olives, jalapenos, pepperoncinis etc.
Baking ingredients:
  •  flour (all-purpose, whole wheat, self-rising),
  •  sugar
  •  brown sugar
  • powdered sugar
  • baking powder
  • baking soda
  • extracts
  • Shortening
  • vegetable oil
  • Chocolate chips and other forms of baking chocolate
  • Oatmeal
  • Evaporated milk
  • sweetened condensed milk
  • Cornmeal
  • Ketchup
  • mustard
  • barbecue sauce
  • Mayonnaise
  • Potatoes
  • onions
  • garlic
  • Dried beans
  • Stocks and broths. Chicken, beef, vegetable
  • pesto and specialty relishes
  • Kosher salt
  • black pepper
  • Worcestershire
  • Tabasco
  • olive oil
  • different vinegars
  • soy sauce
FREEZER
  • Beef
  • Chicken breasts, wings, legs, and thighs, Raw shrimp
  • Sausage: breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, chorizo, etc.
  • Bread: Crusty artisan loaves and/or sandwich breads
  • Pizza dough:
  • Frozen dinner rolls
  • Pie crust
  • Pecans/walnuts
  • Frozen fruits: Peaches, berries, cherries, etc.