Breakfast serenade |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Wednesday

Breakfast serenade

I really enjoy spring in Texas.  I took time to have breakfast on the patio this morning and listen to a Mockingbird sing.  The mockingbird is the Texas state bird, a simple looking gray bird with distinctive white tips on the wings and tail, but it's song is a lovely mimic of other bird songs strung together in medley. I drifted away in thought sipping coffee and eating a cheese toast while he sang accompanied by the water fountain and the occasional chirps of house wrens and cooing of dove.  Too soon I snapped back to the present when my carpool pulled up in front and I left that serenity for another busy day at work.

This water feature was put together by my hubs
using an antique water pump and plastic replica wine barrell.