Cleaning the master closet, 1 step at a time |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Tuesday

Cleaning the master closet, 1 step at a time

Some chores can become overwhelming when left undone for a while. It seems once you begin neglecting a spot it grows.  My master closet has done that.  In the process of painting and re decorating the bedroom it became an easy spot to stash things until I could decide what to do with them.   It's been several months.
Some virtual blog friends put together a spring declutter challenge that is what I need to
motivate me and hopefully you too.  As soon as I committed to the challenge I took a hard look at my closet and mapped out a plan.  

I find it is much easier to work in small sections at a time plus, for me, it establishes a routine to continue keeping it clean.  I took a few pictures because it shows me things from a completely different perspective.  I am always surprised at the things I don't notice until they are staring at me through the camera preview.  Like how that brown shoe box organizer made the closet dark and unfriendly.  I totally did not "see" that until I took the photo.


I photographed each section to tackle and made some mental notes on changes to make.  I decided to make the first thing I could see when the door is open priority. The jewelry armoire that I removed from the bedroom.  I spent half an hour removing the collection of things that had landed there and found most of it could be trashed.  Easy fix.  I dusted it and moved the clutter from underneath it too.  I removed hubs tie rack and the collection of ties he has not worn in decades.  There is a basket hanging next to the tie rack where I stashed some winter scarves.  I moved the dangling scarves to a drawer that contains winter gloves and toboggans and plugged the light in. That's all for today.  There was a stash of wall art behind the armoire that went in the garage except for the one that is just right to hang above the armoire.

Tomorrow... the shoe and purse collection will be purged and organizers will be purchased.  I may have to put a leash on myself to stick to the small project each day plan because I'm getting excited anticipating the end result that will come.

Navigate over to yesterday's post.
Read how the challenge goes.

What little area can you clear today?