Keeping it Clean |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Sunday

Keeping it Clean

Organize house cleaning chores

I've worked out a new house cleaning schedule. I have used several different methods throughout my life, all of them worked pretty well as long as I keep at it! One of my favorite sources was from a book I read in the 80's called "Side Tracked Home Executives". I loaned the book out and never got it back but it is still my basis for keeping house. By previous admissions, I'm a habitual organizer and RE organizer. So I have re organized my cleaning schedule and here it is. There are some things I do daily without thought, those are not on the list. What IS listed on the day is a chore I do on that day plus there are once a month chores listed for that day below it. I left the 4th and if there is a 5th week for the month to do seasonal or annual chores. Weekends are free. Keep in mind, I may move things around, add an extra duty or delete some. I think when you are making your own rules, it just fine to adjust them.

Monday: Wash sheets, Vacuum vents/curtains/windows/carpets
  • 1st Monday Clean fridge inside & out
  • 2nd Monday Clean & straighten pantry
  • 3rd Monday Wash windows
  • 4th Monday: seasonal chore

Tuesday: Wash towels, Dust, sweep

  • 1st Tue: Clean bedroom closet
  • 2nd Tue: Clean baseboards, cobwebs, ceiling fans
  • 3rd Tue:  Wash & Vacuum car
  • 4th Tue: seasonal chore

Wednesday: Wash clothes, Clean guest bath
, make meal menu for next week
  • 1st Wed: Clean/straighten hall closets
  • 2nd Wed: Wash bath mats
  • 3rd Wed: Clean out purse
  • 4th Wed: seasonal chore

Thursday: Clean master bath, sweep, grocery shop

  • 1st Thur: Clean under bath sink
  • 2nd Thur: clean/wash combs & brushes 
  • 3rd Thur: Wash waste & laundry baskets
  • 4th Thur: seasonal chore

Friday: sweep/mop floors. sanitize kitchen counters & microwave & stove area

  • 1st Fri: wash cabinet doors, door frames, light switches
  • 2nd Fri: Clean oven  
  • 3rd Fri:: Clean under sink and junk drawer
  • 4th Fri: seasonal chore

SEASONAL:

Winter: discard worn towels & sheets. Holiday decor up, holiday decor down, clean out craft supplies, clean out laundry room, dust ceiling fixtures & vents

Spring: switch wardrobe, discard old/unwanted clothing, turn mattresses, vacuum furniture, change decor, dust ceiling fixtures & vents, change air conditioner filter

Summer: clean curtains including shower curtains, move furniture to clean underneath, clean out freezer, clean out laundry room, dust ceiling, walls, ceiling fixtures & vents

Fall: switch wardrobe, discard old/unwanted clothing, change decor, turn mattresses, vacuum furniture, dust ceiling fixtures & vents, change refrigerator water filter, change air conditioner filter

printable

In case your wondering, here are some of the daily chores I do, pretty much in the order I do them.
  • make the bed, fluff the pillows
  • Spray the shower with bleach solution, wipe down the sink, toilet and floor.  
  • Put away any toiletries used or left out.
  • Get dressed & put away any clothing left out.
  • After coffee and any meals; wipe down the sink, counter, stove top, microwave & fridge.
  • Dishes in dishwasher and when it's full enough, turn it on.
  • Water plants.
  • Quickly dust all surfaces.
  • Sweep the hard floors or use the robot sweeper/damp mop.
  • Vacuum carpets in high traffic areas.