Salsa using an emersion blender and pantry ingredients |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Saturday

Salsa using an emersion blender and pantry ingredients


42 years of collecting has my cabinets crowded and crammed with stuff I use, stuff I'd like to use and stuff I don't know how to use.

Every year, usually right before and right after New Year's Resolution day... I start thinking about organizing the kitchen stuff. Though I'm a habitual organizer, the kitchen stuff seems to get pushed to the bottom of the list and only surface organized. Beginning today, I am determined to take one item out of the dark recesses and either use it, figure out how to use it, or get rid of it. I already know what is first. That little hand held Braun blender. Fast forward...20 minutes... I did it! In 20 minutes I checked for some salsa recipes, rummaged for ingredients and substitutions, took photo shots, used the Braun blender, taste tested and checked off one more thing in my bucket list.



It was amazingly quick, especially since I had so many "ready to use" ingredients. Next time the grands are here, I may tackle spaghetti sauce.
Salsa

by Jeannie
Keywords: tomato dip appetizer
Ingredients
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 can left over Rotel tomatoes
  • 1 can diced green chilies
  • Green onion tops
  • 1-2 chopped jalapenos w/seeds removed
  • 1/4 rough chopped sweet onion
  • 1 heaping Tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves (would prefer fresh though)
  • Tablespoon or two of lime juice
  • Red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt
Instructions
Put all the ingredients in a tall measuring cup then placed the handheld blender just under the surface. I gave it a little pulse and gently worked it toward the bottom of the container, pulsing as I went and back up to the top. Repeat a couple of times until the ingredients are mixed and the tomatoes are the size you like them. (I like them slightly chunky). Taste test and add more spices as you like.
If you don't have a hand held blender try using a regular blender and pulsing until it is the consistency you like.
Powered by Recipage