Pandemic COVID-19 Social Distancing |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Sunday

Pandemic COVID-19 Social Distancing

It's my first Saturday of Social Distancing during COVID-19.  The TV is turned off and I'm taking some quiet time with coffee.  Looking at my calendar I've noticed it's turned into a bit of a documentation of my personal experience.  I see the activities I have completed with the grands during the first weeks of March 2020 and now I'm looking at the blank spaces ahead.



We attended church last Sunday and I noticed a dramatically reduced attendance. The next several days I kept the four young grands while mom and dad worked.  They started spring break a week ago.  We enjoyed our time doing crafts like stencil t shirts, playing with slime, baking and decorating cookies, painting our nails and making some home videos.  Our church started offering service via Facebook live Wednesday instead of meeting together since the order to not meet in groups over 50 which quickly has changed to 10.  It was very informal and kind of hilarious as the preacher's kids walked behind him to get something out of the fridge!  This may be the  most entertaining worship I've ever experienced and helped to lighten my spirit.  

The grands and their mom had planned a trip to OKC to visit cousins Thursday.  That was canceled as it became obvious everything is shutting down.  They've been at home since then and I've been buckling down on my spring cleaning that has turned into a little prepping too.  

Thursday I washed everything in sight and then cleaned out the laundry room.  The pantry and refrigerator were next on my hit list. I still had energy that needed expending so I moved my living room furniture around because it's the easiest way to get everything cleaned.  A nice discovery for me since cutting the cord was that I could move the location of my TV!  That just made my day.

 I've counted and calculated several weeks of meals before I'll need to restock.  The restocking is taking some thinking and planning as well.  I'll buy for a month as usual unless there are still limits. I just have to wait and see how the shopping will take place.

  • 30 proteins (fresh/frozen/canned)
  • 4 breakfast meats
  • 3 dozen eggs
  • 3 bags of cheeses
  • 4 boxes cream cheese
  • 2 heavy whipping creams
  • 2 sour creams
  • 30 canned green veggies
  • 30 frozen veggies
  • 15 canned fruits
  • 15 frozen fruits
  • crackers
  • Swerve sweetener
  • almond flour
  • coconut flour
  • coffee
  • vitamin supplements


Today I focused on bringing in some spring color and happy visuals.  The table has a new vignette featuring an old songbook from the church where I grew up and some crochet eggs given to me by a dear friend.  There are some green touches all around and a bright yellow tulip wreath on the door.  Amid all the stress and darkness of COVID-19 I think making purposeful changes help keep me focused with a positive attitude along with keeping in contact with my precious family and friends.  I'm very grateful to those whose abilities gave us video chat and messaging.



Tell me how you are coping and making certain you are as prepared as you can be.