Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter cookies |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter cookies

for what it's worth
 I've been away from home for months helping my mom recover from two hip replacement surgeries.  It feels really good to be home, though I still worry about my mom.  On my first day home I surveyed my backyard garden.  There is a LOT of work to be done.  The weeds and overgrowth have just about taken over.  The pathways are barely walkable in my bare feet.  Yep, I like to walk it in my bare feet.  The good news is there will be plenty of blooms for inside.  I didn't allow myself to stay out there today though.  Hubs needs some cookies to really feel like I'm home :)  I pulled out the favorite peanut butter recipe, but felt a little extra touch of mini chocolate chips would make them extra special.  I was right, we both loved them.  If you don't have a blue ribbon, first prize winning peanut butter recipe, you can use mine.  It's pretty much about creaming, mixing and quality ingredients to get a perfect cookie.
p

The one ingredient that is added to the prize winning recipe is mini semi sweet chocolate chips.  If you click back on the recipe you'll see some DIY pictures.

Recipe:
1/2 cup real butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon really good quality vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat the oven to (350 F)
  2. Beat the butters, sugars, baking powder & soda together. 
  3. Add the egg & vanilla. 
  4. Add the flour. The dough will be soft and fluffy.
  5. Fold in the mini semi sweet chocolate chips.
  6. Shape the dough into 1" balls.  Place them about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Dip fork tines in sugar and gently apply pressure to the dough ball to flatten out to about 1/2 thick.  I like one set of tine marks, but you can make a crosshatch pattern too.  Put a pinch of sugar on top of each cookie.
  7. Bake  at 350 F. 9-12  minutes.  The tops will be very light in color-not brown.
  8. Cool on a wire rack.

Now, I must focus on getting the garden back into shape.
for what it's worth-jeannie