Texas wildflower |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Tuesday

Texas wildflower


I really enjoy the Texas wildflower season.  Just a short walk from my house is a long strip of land filled with Indian Blanket flowers (Gaillardia).  They have brownish centers circled by a bright redish orange tipped in bright yellow.  They are a kind of short sunflower that bloom a long time during the late spring and summer and are drought tollerant.  That's a pretty good thing since we are still in a severe drought. This morning I gathered a small boquet that included some that are going to seed.  The little seed balls are cute to me, plus I'd like to plant some of these perinials in my flower beds this fall.  It will be another thing to look forward to next spring and summer.

When I got home I set them on the patio table and added my lunch table ware.  The tea is still brewing but I hope you'll indulge me because I couldn't resist taking some photos.  I just know they will make my chicken salad wrap taste that much better while I sit there.