Rosemary Chicken Pot Pie |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

Rosemary Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken pot pie is my all time favorite comfort food.  I have wonderful memories of my dad making his recipe on cool winter days.  My recipe has evolved a tiny bit in that I like meals I can put together easily and quickly with a couple kitchen hacks like pre-cooked chicken and a biscuit mix crust topper.  It hasn't failed yet to put smiles on the faces of everyone in the family.

chicken pot pie comfort food

I bought chicken breast on sale in the grocery last week.  To make it recipe ready I boiled it about 20 minutes till it was done.  I could tell when it was done by using a fork to gently tear a piece apart.  I removed the chicken from the water and allowed it to dry before slipping the pieces in a freezer zip bag and freezing them.  That step makes it easy to pull out the amount of chicken I need for casseroles later.  

Using one of the extra large boneless/skinless chicken breast I pre-cooked and froze last week to make Chicken Pot Pie made this a nice easy mid week meal.  I've also made this recipe with a deli roasted rotisserie chicken for a great flavor change. The Rosemary from my garden gave the whole house a really yummy aroma. 


  • pot pie
    Yep, cooking in my retro wedding dishes.

Rosemary Chicken Pot Pie

by Jeannie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Keywords: chicken Rosemary Mixed vegies biscuit crust
Ingredients (4-6)
  • 1 extra large boneless/skinless chicken breast (or 2 smaller ones) pre-cooked
  • 1-2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
  • 1/2 can milk
  • 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
  • 1/2-3/4 cup milk
  • 5 pats of butter
  • 1 teaspoon dried Rosemary
  • salt & pepper
Instructions
Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 F and spray oil on an 8” x 8” baking dish
Cut the pre-cooked chicken into bite size pieces and cover the bottom of the baking dish with it.
Spread frozen mixed vegetables on top of the chicken
Salt & pepper over the vegetables.
Mix cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 can milk and pour over the vegetables.
Mix biscuit mix with milk to a thin pourable consistency.
Pour the batter over the creamy soup.
Put the butter pats randomly over the dough
Sprinkle Rosemary over the top, add a little more salt & pepper
Bake at 350 F 50 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
Powered by Recipage