Fall decorating |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Friday

Fall decorating


I've got the fall bug, for sure.  We finished the kitchen update several days ago and I knew the deep cleaning would be done today.  Last night my dreams were full of fall decorating ideas and I could hardly wait for day light to get started.

I've packed away a good bit of the items we've collected over the years and put another sizable group of things aside for a garage sale.  As I started with the staging today I decided to challenge myself to use only things rediscovered as I was packing.  

I began in the center section on the 9 foot shelf across the top of the sink.  I decided the strongest color statement would go there.  I used some mismatched wine glasses from a  Christmas decoration project several years ago to hoiste up some candles that I attached fall leaves to using raffia.  They were too light against the Antique White paint so after several options failed to meet my expectations I went to the game closet and pulled out a checker board.  Some Halloween pumpkins turned backward for fall finished off the center section.
To the left is a large wooden bowl hubs carved for me many years ago (I just love the wood projects he makes by hand!), an old oil can and a black sprayed frame filled with raffia and a fall leaf. Easy peasie...

To the right is a replica garden gate, Apple cake plate and another treasured wooden bowl hubs made.  :)
Over the fridge is my sewing basket dressed up with some turkey feathers  and two laterns from hubs collection.