Frito Pie in a bag |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Wednesday

Frito Pie in a bag

When I was a girl there was a little food shop across the street from the high school I attended called The Wigwam.  Most everyone walked there for lunch on a regular basis.  My favorite food to order was a Frito pie in the individual size bag.  The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond has a recipe that takes me back there.  So credit and a shout out to her! Hooray!  You can go to her site for an excellent tutorial http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/frito-chili-pie/ for a great chili recipe.  It's what's for dinner "again"  at my house.  :-)
photo is from the Pioneer Woman page
Make her chili, cut open an individual size Frito bag and layer on top the chips:  chili, finely diced onions, sharp cheddar cheese and a big dollop of sour cream.  If you grew up where I did...you know what I mean!

PS...I "liked" her FB page so I get great updates and recipes all the time.