A fresh Broccoli Grape Salad |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

A fresh Broccoli Grape Salad

A couple weeks ago I wrote about a luncheon I hosted with some old friends and mentioned one of them brought a Broccoli Grape Salad.  Well Kay, the salad maker, sent me the recipe and is graciously allowing me to share the recipe with you.  It is a super easy recipe that can be prepared in just a few minutes with only a few ingredients.  It’s a healthy salad that even the grands gobbled up.  I made a couple of substitutions to the dressing but had everything else I needed either in the fridge or pantry to make it. 
Broccoli Grape Salad

I had a 12 oz bag of pre cut broccoli florets designed for steaming in the bag that I used but cutting the florets myself would have been easy enough and cheaper.  I had a single slice of a sweet red onion already chopped and a couple of green onions that I cut into small pieces.  That was a little more than the recipe calls for but I loved the flavor the onions added.  I used some really wonderfully sweet seedless red grapes but Kay's recipe says you can use green grapes too.  I did not have the nuts but no one noticed.  I do think it will enhance the salad to have them though.   For the dressing I used red wine vinegar and mayonnaise with olive oil and it tasted great.  I’m sure it is a salad I’ll be making for Sunday Pot Luck soon.  I hope you try it and let me know what you think.  Thanks Kay for sharing your recipe with me and my blog readers.
Broccoli Grape Salad and Dressing

by Kay
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: none
Keywords: salad grapes broccoli
Ingredients (6-8)
    For the Salad
    • 1-2 heads broccoli, florets only or 1 12 oz bag pre cut fresh florets
    • 1 1/2 Cups seedless grapes, cut in halves
    • 1 1/2 Tablespoons sweet onion, finely diced
    • 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds or slivered almonds
    For the Dressing
    • 1 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
    • 1/2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
    • 1 teaspoon sugar
    garnish optional
    • crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
    Instructions
    Break broccoli florets into small sections and drop into a serving bowl. Add finely diced onions, seedless grapes, nuts.
    In a separate bowl combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar until smooth.
    Add dressing to salad and toss together until all ingredients are coated.
    Garnish with crumbled bacon if desired.
    Can be refrigerated for several days.
    Powered by Recipage