How to make a bulletin board with drop cloth |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

How to make a bulletin board with drop cloth




Hi my name is Cathy and I blog over at Vintage, Paint and more....  I am so honored that Jeannie asked if I could do a post for her while she is busy getting things packed up to move and want to thank her for this most awesome opportunity to help her out.  So without further ado - I'll get onto the project that I prepared to share.

Vintage, Paint and more... a vintage decorated bulletin board using drop cloth fabric and ribbons

I just recently created a new crafting space to work in and needed a bulletin board for some of my ideas.  I didn't want just a plain one - but, one that blended in with the decor.  


Vintage, Paint and more... decorating an old bulletin board, drop cloth fabrics, diy


I was at Good Will one day ( what would we do without them?) and found this used one for $2.  These are hard to find sometimes so, I snatched it right up.  

Vintage, Paint and more... decorating a bulletin board, using drop cloth fabric for crafts

I started by cutting a piece of quilt batting I had on hand to the size of the bulletin board and glued it with a little spray of spray glue.  

Vintage, Paint and more... using drop cloth fabric to decorate a bulletin board

Then I cut a piece of drop cloth fabric about 2inches wider than each side of the bulletin board.  I use drop cloth fabric for lots of crafts as it is so versatile, easy to work with, inexpensive and gives me the vintage look that I love.  I then brought each corner up and glued it using hot glue as shown above.

Vintage, Paint and more... upcycling an old bulletin board with drop cloth fabric


Then I just folded the fabric on each side and the ends and glued it down.  

Vintage, Paint and more... drop cloth covered bulletin board, diying a bulletin board,

This is how the front looks after all sides are glued down. 

Vintage, Paint and more... drop cloth fabric bulletin board, ribbon decorated bulletin board,


I decided I wanted to embellish it instead of leaving it plain so I laid out a criss cross of ribbons and then glued them down on the back side - being careful not to move them.  I also put just a dot of glue where the ribbons meet in the criss cross so things would hang nicely on the bulletin board without thumb tacks.

Vintage, Paint and more... drop cloth fabric craft, ribbon craft, upcycled bulletin board

Then I added a few little crochet flowers with buttons as centers. and decided it was done.

Vintage, Paint and more... bulletin board covered with drop cloths, decorative jar storage, twine wrapped lamp, embellished tin cans for organization

It hangs over my desk and blends in quite well with my vintage decor in this space.  I have to say I am quite pleased with it.

I want to thank Jeannie again for letting me bring this to you and wish her a lot of happiness in her new home.

Thanks, Cathy, I'm sure with my move I'll have lots of drop cloths to repurpose into bulletin boards like this!  Now we can head over to Vintage Paint and More for more wonderful ideas.