Bugs don't like Geraniums |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Tuesday

Bugs don't like Geraniums

I feel instantly happy having completed the planting of 24 geraniums.  I love the big showy flowers and the fact they bloom all summer long, even here in North Texas garden zone 7b.  Our summer temps are extreme - mid 80’s -107°. Geraniums stand up to our hot drought season, like full sun but thrive in pots on my shaded patio, and the another big reason is that they deter insects.  Spiders, flies, mosquitos don’t like them.  Come to think of it, the squirrels don’t bother them either! 
IMAG1898

I put red in the front yard flower beds and pink in the back.  I used my Home Depot Garden Club coupon for $10 off my over $50 purchase. (I also bought dirt, mulch and seeds) It’s early spring, but come take a look at my garden progress.  There will be mulch covering the drip hose that will help hold the moisture during our hot summer and the yellow mums are starting to show up in the pots. 


IMAG1905-1-1
What are you planting in your garden?