Diet friendly quick Bolillios pizza |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

Diet friendly quick Bolillios pizza

It’s time to take a little break from the morning gardening and have some lunch.  I’m throwing together a quick 15 minute meal from my “short cut cooking” menus that is diabetic friendly, low calorie, and economical too.  I ate one Bolilillios pizza with a Romaine salad +raspberry vinaigrette dressing for under 200 calories, 22 carbs, and under $1.25 a serving-including the salad.  How great is that!  I bet my grands would would like this for an after school snack.
short_cut_pizza_bread

Short cut Bolillios pizza
  • Wheat Bolillios buns (bought mine in the Wal-Mart bakery, 6 for $1.68)
  • Turkey Pepperoni (less than 7 calories  each slice, yes I munched on a couple extra slices)
  • Pizza Sauce in a jar (I bought Ragu, less than 30 calories/5 g total carbs)
  • Mozzarella (40-80 calories depending on how generous you are)
    • Turn on the oven 400° F. 
    • Slice Bolillios bread (or any other hearty wheat bun) in half lengthwise.
    • On each slice of bread spread about 3 heaping teaspoons of prepared pizza sauce.
    • Layer on some Mozzarella cheese.
    • Top with 4 or more turkey pepperoni slices
    • Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Bilillio is a crusty oval shaped bread that is a staple in Mexico.  This little pizza was totally satisfying for my hunger and taste buds.  I think the best part is that even my doctor will approve.  Smile