My favorite things... |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Wednesday

My favorite things...

1. I will never outgrow... My love of ice cream or needing a hug.  Nothing makes a person feel better than a big ice cream cone or a genuine hug from someone that truly cares about you.


2. I splurge on... my kids, the grands and nice purses.  I know this falls in the category of spoiling but I can't help it.  If I see they want something but are being frugal and not getting it, I find a way to justify buying it for them myself.  That's why I love "giving" holidays.  When it comes to myself I like to buy lovely quality purses for every outfit or occasion like my sweet little butternut color over the shoulder leather purse perfect for a day of shopping or walking through a museum.

3. My worst habit is... feeling like I need to solve every problem myself.  There are some things that you just need to allow others to help you with and there are some things other people really don't want your help with.  Easier said than done. 

4. My passport represents... a person who prefers to travel within the country where I reside.  There is still much to see here and I'm a bit afraid of going out of my comfort zone.

5. My most ridiculous fear is... of spiders.  All of those little legs and kaleidoscope eyes... yikes! (and maybe traveling outside my country)

6. My favorite thing to give is.. myself and cookbooks.  My favorite store is Half Price Books and there are always beautiful cookbooks full of new ways to present food.  My favorite cookbook was a 1927 B&HG  I got from my Mother in law who was born in 1927.  As I was packing to move, and sharing from my extensive collection, I gave it to my daughter.  She has it on display in her loft apartment.  I have two other Better Homes Cookbooks.  One was given to me as a wedding gift that I have used till the pages are fragile and marked liberally with cooking notes for my 1st granddaughter and the other I purchased to continue writing notes for my 2nd granddaughter.  There are lots of precious memories that we have shared together in those books.
#Finishthis link up

Linking up with (Nicole {Three 31} Lisa {The Coastal Chicster}, and Becky {The Java Mama} Jen {The Arizona Russums}) for a weekly series called Finish This.