Party Appetizers and a Berry Cobbler for my grown up girl. |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Monday

Party Appetizers and a Berry Cobbler for my grown up girl.

Berry_Cobbler
My daughter is having a big birthday this year.  We celebrated with the family Saturday and it was so much fun.  Her hubs organized it.  It started with appetizers at my house.  The table was decorated brightly…because who really enjoys a “black” party when you are turning… old. Well, I did use  black table cloth because it made an excellent background for the brighter colors and reflective confetti  Ha.  Everything was simple and easy to do.  A vegetable tray for those who watch what they eat and Caramel Apple Fondue with lots of coatings.  I threw in a Rotel Cheese dip too. 

caramel fondue     party tablescape
After we enjoyed the appetizers a little while her hubs handed her a birthday card that instructed her to head to another location where she was given a trinket to wear and another card.  That card sent her to a third location, another trinket to wear and another card.  Four stops later she ended up at Texas Roadhouse where the whole family was waiting with for a late lunch.  Yes, she had to wear her party trinkets through the entire lunch and she was a great sport about it.
 40
After lunch we were pretty full, but headed back to my house for dessert.  I usually make an elaborately decorated birthday cake, but she is more of a pie eater, so I fixed a large cobbler with strawberries, blueberries and her favorite raspberries.  What made it special is the crust cut with autumn leaf cutters and piled on top.  I served it up in mason jars and topped it with our favorite Texas Bluebell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. 
 pie in a jar
The recipes are available at these links, I hope you will make your way there and try them.
Berry Cobbler   (this link will take you to a cobbler recipe I use for all kinds of fruit) 
Caramel Apple Fondue at Tried and Tasty.  The fondue came out a little firmer than I expected.  As a matter of fact it was more like a buttery Worther’s candy when it completely cooled.  Next time I will take it off the heat well before the 250° recommended so I get more of a pourable sauce or buy a new thermometer in case that’s the problem.  It was still tasty though and I will try it again.  The tip about keeping the apples fresh using Sprite worked really really well.  Check out the Tried and Tasty post, the pictures are wonderful.
Rotel Cheese Dip
Double Pie Crust
crayon