DIY Wire Basket |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Wednesday

DIY Wire Basket

DIY-Wire-Basket
The salt and pepper shakers I keep on my stove sit precariously close to a space leading to the back of the stove. I had this small piece of wire left from a project hubs made that could be turned into an easy, do it yourself, wire storage basket.  It took about 30 minutes, a wire cutter and some pliers to provide a secure spot for my 1970 vintage shakers. 

DIY-Wire-Basket-pictorial
  1. Determine how big the bottom should be, then folded up the sides.
  2. Cut away the corners with wire cutters. 
  3. Fold up the ends.
  4. Use pliers to wrap the straight pieces left exposed around the corners.
  5. Snip away all the unwanted wire that is not part of the basket squares.
DIY Wire Basket
I’m thinking that was way too easy and I need to head over to Home Depot to buy more wire.  My cleaned out pantry can use some organization baskets like this.
How about you?  Could you use some home made wire baskets?
crayon