Some folks eat dinner, but around here we eat supper. Dinners are way too formal and require way to much planning for a weeknight. This weeknight I put together a super easy chicken enchilada casserole using a deli roasted chicken, soft tortillas and a couple can ingredients and everyone’s favorite…cheese. I know it works because hubs ate a second helping all the time saying “mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.”
Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Prep time 10 minutes + 20 minutes cook time = 30 minute meal. Whoo hoo!
- Deli roasted chicken
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 2 chopped green onions
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Pre heat oven 350° F. and oil a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Pull the chicken off the bone removing the skin at the same time. Shred and stir together with the tomatoes and cream of chicken. Set aside.
- Tear a couple of soft tortillas into small pieces about 1-2” to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer on half of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle on some green onion.
- Repeat. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 350° F. 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream. Corn and black bean salsa on the side make this a Tex Mex meal worth making any night.