My Holiday House tour 2012. |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Friday

My Holiday House tour 2012.

Let it snow and enjoy nature.


The snowman vignette.  Those snowballs...just styrofoam, no crafting required! 
I'm decorating in two houses this year,  mine and mom's.  I'm spending a lot more time with her because  I can and want to. She's having total hip replacement in January and another in about March.  Several of my blogs recently have stemmed from some great quality time there.  If you still have your parents, I encourage you to take advantage of your time and share it with them.
Mantel



Pecans waiting to be shelled on the hearth.


























A vintage decorative box, recycled vanilla bottle,
styrofoam "snow"ball on a vintage doily.
Break time happens here :-)
Fresh greenery and crepe myrtle branches from the yard in our ash bucket
with a few more snow balls.
The kitchen is where the holidays begin, those decorations can be seen here.

At mom's house:  You can see how we changed the old, way too big, fake tree into an adorable table top masterpiece here. the door DIY sock wreath  I made for mom here and check out the cinnamon/applesauce garland here.  If you're interested in seeing the fabulous west Texas sunsets or other things I found cool, check out my Instagram site here. You can find soup recipes that were adapted for the two of us that are heart healthy and diabetic friendly here and here.