Signs that a party is brewing |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Friday

Signs that a party is brewing

It's getting close...the party is next weekend.  Today's project was not hard at all.  I love easy projects that go just like I imagined!   This party is for our large extended family and a few close friends.  We needed a sign board that gives the party guests an idea of what is available and when they should move on to the next activity. I scavenged through hubs wood stash in the garage and found an appropriate board.  It is a piece of particle board about 2 feet by 4 feet. A trip to Walmart, a can of Rust-Oleum Textured Black spray paint, and 10 minutes later (plus some drying time)  I have a chalk board. I didn't even bother sanding it because  I think the slight roughness of the board helps release the chalk. I borrowed some colored chalk from the grands art box and... we have a sign.    There will probably be some adjustments, but I like the look a lot.

DIY chalboard sign for Halloween party


Tomorrow I'm headed to help start putting up the decorations at a cousins house.  I'm super excited as she and her daughter sculpted some wire ghost silhouettes like we saw on Pinterest.  The Pinterest pin led back to a flickr pic and had no instructions, so she winged it.  Want a sneak peek?  Here are a couple of pictures she sent to me via her mobile phone.


She bent, shaped and squeezed some inexpensive chicken wire to make the shapes.