An Ending for the Beginning |For what it's worth

Amazon links may be included. Thank you for supporting this blog at no additional cost to you.

Friday

An Ending for the Beginning

The alarm rang, I opened my eyes and smiled.  Nary a curse word passed my thoughts or lips at the intrusive sound bringing me out of sleep.  Excitement filled me and I rose, dressed and had a cup of coffee before joyfully taking the last commute to work. 

The time clock seemed to grin at me when I slid my card to mark the last work day.  The day passed quickly as a few friends called, e-mailed and texted well wishes.  The co workers I would leave behind asked pertinent questions so they can carry on when I'm gone.  I wrote a final farewell message to the faculty I wouldn't see again, gave some bye hugs, got in my car and laughed out loud.  I felt like a freed bird.  

I danced a jig and twirled about when I entered my back door and was greeted by my husband and the big girl grand.  They enjoyed the moment with me.  BG grand and I did a little shopping and spent some time walking by the lake taking fun photo's.  My daughter joined the three of us for dinner at a local restaurant by the lake. The evening breeze on the patio cooled us as we enjoyed the sunset marking my last day before retirement.  It was a good day.


Today I woke to the sound of thunder and gentle rain instead of an alarm clock.  Again, I smiled.  After a leisurely cup of coffee I drove to a spot with an Eastern view over the lake.  The rain and clouds parted long enough to give me the sunrise view I have planned to witness on the first day of my retirement.  It symbolizes for me the beginning of the best part of my life.  It was glorious.